Tucson Assisted Living Retreat is hiring an Assistant Caregiver/Activity Coordinator Part Time!
We are looking for an Assistant Caregiver who can also be an Activity Coordinator for a growing 16-bed, soon-to-be 40-bed assisted living facility in East Tucson. We make sure the people in our community are all treated with respect and have a strong sense of teamwork.
The Activities Coordinator in Assisted Living is responsible for the direction and implementation of varied activity and educational programs, especially exercise sessions designed to promote overall wellness and independence while creating a fun and enjoyable environment for our seniors.
Our ideal candidate is someone who likes to work with and help elderly residents have fun, and who aims to promote a healthy community culture for residents and employees alike
Duties may include:
- Purchasing the items needed for activities,
- Setting up rooms for activities and events,
- Overseeing the residents to ensure the residents are safe and following the rules and instructions
- Maintains accurate documentation of residents’ activity attendance.
- Encouraging residents to participate in activities
- Making sure pictures are taken during activities for documentation or marketing purposes
- Documenting the activity portion of the service plan for each resident.
- Taking vital signs as indicated.
- Changing bed linens as needed,
- Giving showers or baths and assisting with dressing
- Experience in geriatrics, social or recreational activities in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Must have experience and willingness to work with people with memory issues
- Must be CPR, and First Aid certified.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and good written and computer skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively and perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic